"Because in Cyberspace, no one can hear you scream."
Friday, June 10, 2005
[Media Source*] Here are some article's that this blogger noticed when surfing the net (actually subscribing to it via Feed Reader).
- Experimental Ebola Vaccine Works in Monkeys: "Two new vaccines may eventually protect humans from the Ebola and Marburg viruses plaguing Africa. Researchers found that a single injection of an experimental vaccine effectively protected monkeys from the Ebola virus."
- Animal activists on trial under terrorism law: "TRENTON, New Jersey (Reuters) - Six animal rights activists being tried under a law that equates their activities with terrorism turned the lives of employees of a British drug-testing company into a living nightmare, prosecutors said on Thursday."
- Robots Dance, Play at World Robot Expo: "NAGAKUTE, Japan - They could hit fastballs, draw portraits and be seen breathing. Not bad for robots. Even so, these droids of all shapes and sizes — more than 60 on display at the World Expo on Thursday — still need some work."
- Methane doesn't necessarily mean life on Mars: (quote) "Most methane on Earth is produced by bacteria, and methane has been cited as an indicator of life on other planets," explains Sharma. "However, we show in our paper that the mineral olivine can be altered in the presence of water and carbon dioxide, which can produce copious quantities of methane. It's quite easy to do, and there is nothing bacterial about it. If there is life on Mars, I would like to see better evidence than methane."
- Titan's Volcano May Release Methane: "A team of European and US scientists, using Cassini-Huygens data, have found that Saturn’s smoggy moon Titan may have volcanoes that release methane in the atmosphere."
- Iran helped overthrow Taliban: "Members of Iran's Revolutionary Guards fought alongside and advised the Afghan rebels who helped U.S. forces topple Afghanistan's Taliban regime in the months after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, the guards' former leader says."
Deutsch â¢ EspaÃ±ol â¢ FranÃ§ais â¢ Italiano â¢ Portugese â¢ æ¥æ¬èª â¢ íêµ â¢ æ±è¯
Comment Policy: Comments posted here do not necessarily reflect the views of this site or the authors, and are the legal responsibility of the original commenter. Intelligent opinions welcome. Comment here.
By Darnell Clayton â¢ 1:58 AM â¢ Email Post â¢ â¢
Enter your email address below to subscribe.
View Blog Stats
Plus 10,667 hits before August 12, 2005
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
Opinions expressed here do not reflect the views of anyone that I work with, for, or associate with in any manner.