"Because in Cyberspace, no one can hear you scream."
Tuesday, June 07, 2005
[Media Source*] Here are some articles of notice that this blog journalist has come across via Google News or one of the news services subscribed via Feed Reader.
- Nepal rebels 'regret' bus deaths: "Nepal's Maoist rebels on Tuesday apologized for a blast that killed 38 people in the worst attack on civilians since their revolt began in 1996, saying they had been aiming for a passing army convoy instead."
- Japan shoots for a piece of an asteroid: "A celestial 'smash-and-grab' space mission that could become the greatest triumph in the history of the Japanese space program is entering its most challenging stage in deep space."
- North Korean Media Lashes Out Against Cheney: "Cheney is hated as a most cruel monster and bloodthirsty beast as he has drenched various parts of the world in blood. It is the unshakable will of the people and army of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea never to pardon anyone who dares hurl slander at their supreme headquarters, but to mete out to him a stern punishment."
- Blair insists EU treaty not dead: "In a clear attempt to smooth over the growing rifts, Blair told the Financial Times the British government did not believe the constitution to be dead, despite the suggestions of some ministers."
- AOL Offers Free Web-Based E-Mail: "(AOL) has reportedly introduced a free web-based e-mail service offering a 2 GB of storage capacity to users, along with protection against viruses and spam."
- Amnesty International deserves rebuke for "gulag" comment: "In a clumsy attempt to clarify Kahn's irresponsible charge, William F. Schulz, the head of Amnesty International's American branch admitted that he doesn't know for sure what is going on at Guantanamo Bay and acknowledged that 'this is not an exact or a literal analogy.'"(Blog Note: When Amnesty International begins mentioning abuses from China and North Korea, they will then be taken more seriously.)
Deutsch â¢ EspaÃ±ol â¢ FranÃ§ais â¢ Italiano â¢ Portugese â¢ æ¥æ¬èª â¢ íêµ â¢ æ±è¯
Comment Policy: Comments posted here do not necessarily reflect the views of this site or the authors, and are the legal responsibility of the original commenter. Intelligent opinions welcome. Comment here.
By Darnell Clayton â¢ 7:19 PM â¢ Email Post â¢ â¢
Enter your email address below to subscribe.
View Blog Stats
Plus 10,667 hits before August 12, 2005
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
Opinions expressed here do not reflect the views of anyone that I work with, for, or associate with in any manner.