"Because in Cyberspace, no one can hear you scream."
Monday, June 27, 2005
[Media Source*] Here are some stories that caught this blogger's attention.
- China congratulates Iranian president-elect: "China expressed its congratulations on Monday to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on his election as new president of Iran. "Ahmadinejad's election as Iran's president is the choice of the Iranian people and we congratulate him on this," said Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Liu Jianchao in Beijing."
(blog note: figures how one tyranical government congradulates another)
- Debate on sunlight law heats up: "MEPs in the employment committee are to vote in mid-July on a final version of EU measures on protection from radiation. But small businesses are concerned the law will cause financial and time-consuming burdens, because protection from sunlight is included in the proposed rules."
- Creating a Force Field for Astronauts: "Opposite charges attract. Like charges repel. It's the first lesson of electromagnetism and, someday, it could save the lives of astronauts. NASA's Vision for Space Exploration calls for a return to the Moon as preparation for even longer journeys to Mars and beyond. But there's a potential showstopper: radiation."
- French farmers use good food to save CAP: "French farmers will use good food to try and convince the British of the benefits of the EU's Common Agricultural Policy (CAP), France's main farm union FNSEA has announced."
- Close encounters of the planet kind: "In a rare celestial event, three planets; Mercury, Venus and Saturn, will appear so close together that observers could be forgiven for thinking that they are on collision course."
Deutsch â¢ EspaÃ±ol â¢ FranÃ§ais â¢ Italiano â¢ Portugese â¢ æ¥æ¬èª â¢ íêµ â¢ æ±è¯
Comment Policy: Comments posted here do not necessarily reflect the views of this site or the authors, and are the legal responsibility of the original commenter. Intelligent opinions welcome. Comment here.
By Darnell Clayton â¢ 11:37 PM â¢ Email Post â¢ â¢
Enter your email address below to subscribe.
View Blog Stats
Plus 10,667 hits before August 12, 2005
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
Opinions expressed here do not reflect the views of anyone that I work with, for, or associate with in any manner.