"Because in Cyberspace, no one can hear you scream."
Monday, June 27, 2005
[Media Source*] Here is a glimpse of what is happening around the blogosphere from some very prominent bloggers (and highly recommended reads).
- (David Medienkritik) Demonstration in DC: "OK: It wasn't the Million-Man March. But we had a great time. We would like to personally thank each and every one of the dozen folks who braved temperatures well over 90 degrees Fahrenheit, 100% humidity and rain showers on a weekday to come out and support us. One of our marchers, Amadeo O., came all the way from Madrid, Spain via Florida to be with us. Another marcher brought his baby daughter."
- (Free Iraqi) Saddam's palaces to be cultural centers: "I've never been to any of these palaces and it was scary to even get close to them. We used to hear many unfortunate stories about people being killed just because their cars broke down near one of Saddam's palaces or just because they lost their way and got nearer than allowed. The orders the guards of such palaces had were to shoot first and check later. One of my remote relatives died this way."
- (Israpundit) IDF Soldier Refuses Expulsion Orders: "As violent scuffles ensued, Avi, who according to his father did not plan on publicly refusing orders, felt compelled to cry out against the beating of the protesters, young and old alike. "Soldiers do not beat Jews! A Jew does not expel a Jew!" Bieber cried out. He was immediately relieved of his weapon and taken into custody, as friends from his unit looked on."
- (Solomonia) Reuters-Schindler's List is "pro-Zionist": "Gaijin Biker finds this jaw-dropper in an otherwise only moderately interesting Reuters report on an upcoming new Spielberg film (is Spielberg going to "Leftify" the story of the Munich Olympic Massacre?)."
- (Dhimmi Watch) On what is not allowed in Iran: "You know what else isn't allowed in Iran? Conversion to Christianity. It was good of NBC11 to notice their little blow for women, but it would have been nice if they had told the good folks in the South Bay about the Sword of Damocles these converts escaped. If these 600 Iranian ex-Muslims were still back home, they'd be facing death sentences for their act of conscience."
- (Pro Life Blogs) Nurse Fired for Refusing to Give Abortion Pill: "A 23 year veteran nurse was fired from her full time job at a Catholic Hospital after refusing to administer the "morning after" abortion pill. Now, attorneys with the Alliance Defense Fund have filed suit against St. Tammany Parish Hospital for terminating her employment of Toni Lemly, arguing that the hospital’s actions violate the Louisiana Employment Discrimination Law."
(blog note: It seems silly for the government to enforce beliefs upon other's, especially if they violate one's faith.)
Deutsch â¢ EspaÃ±ol â¢ FranÃ§ais â¢ Italiano â¢ Portugese â¢ æ¥æ¬èª â¢ íêµ â¢ æ±è¯
Comment Policy: Comments posted here do not necessarily reflect the views of this site or the authors, and are the legal responsibility of the original commenter. Intelligent opinions welcome. Comment here.
By Darnell Clayton â¢ 10:28 PM â¢ Email Post â¢ â¢
Enter your email address below to subscribe.
View Blog Stats
Plus 10,667 hits before August 12, 2005
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
Opinions expressed here do not reflect the views of anyone that I work with, for, or associate with in any manner.