"Because in Cyberspace, no one can hear you scream."
Monday, June 13, 2005
[Media Source*] Here are some article's that this blogger noticed while surfing Google News or subscrbing to them via Feed Reader.
- A New Kind of Solar Storm: "'An astronaut on the Moon, caught outdoors on January 20th, would have had almost no time to dash for shelter,' says Lin. The storm came fast and "hard," with proton energies exceeding 100 million electron volts. These are the kind of high-energy particles that can do damage to human cells and tissue."
- Deadly Blast Kills 14 in Indian Kashmir: "A powerful bomb has exploded in Indian Kashmir, killing at least 14 people and injuring more than 70 others. This is the latest incident in 16 years of violence in the disputed Himalayan region."
- Ready for Dinner on Mars? "Martian bread and green tomato jam', 'Spirulina gnocchis' and 'Potato and tomato mille-feuilles' are three delicious recipes that two French companies have created for ESA and future space explorers to Mars and other planets."
- Bush pledges to speed up aid to Africa: "WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Bush told African leaders on Monday he would "work harder and faster" to accelerate aid to the region under a heavily promoted but little-used program after they complained the system was too bureaucratic."
- Higher oil limits may not ease prices-Opec: "VIENNAL: Opec producers, considering lifting oil output limits, said yesterday they had little left in their armoury to rein in prices now at $54 a barrel. Crude oil surged 4 per cent yesterday as dealers worried rising global demand for diesel would outpace refiners' ability to produce the fuel."
- Smoking and fat speed up ageing, say researchers: "Tobacco and having too much fat speed up the rate of DNA damage so that being obese adds nearly nine years to a person's age, while smoking a pack of cigarettes a day for 40 years adds more than seven, according to Tim Spector of St Thomas's hospital, London."
Deutsch â¢ EspaÃ±ol â¢ FranÃ§ais â¢ Italiano â¢ Portugese â¢ æ¥æ¬èª â¢ íêµ â¢ æ±è¯
Comment Policy: Comments posted here do not necessarily reflect the views of this site or the authors, and are the legal responsibility of the original commenter. Intelligent opinions welcome. Comment here.
By Darnell Clayton â¢ 8:24 PM â¢ Email Post â¢ â¢
Enter your email address below to subscribe.
View Blog Stats
Plus 10,667 hits before August 12, 2005
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
Opinions expressed here do not reflect the views of anyone that I work with, for, or associate with in any manner.